- Location Guides: David Papp & Greg Scratchley
- Fee: Only $950 CAD (GST applicable)
- Deposit: $300
- Fee Includes: Motel Accommodation 2 nights in Nordegg – SINGLE OCCUPANCY, Welcome dinner, tour beverages and snacks during shooting days, Location Guide, and Transportation from Nordegg accomodation to photography viewpoints
- Group Size: 9 Max (We like to keep groups small)
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Fitness Level: Moderate
Scenic Highway 11 follows the fur trading trails of David Thompson, the fearless explorer who mapped Canada from the Great Lakes to the Pacific.
We will be based out of Nordegg, a mining ghost town located East of Rocky Mountain House. A town – lost to time – in a region where forests are threaded with rivers and jeweled with lakes. Minutes by car from the town-site, majestic mountains rise up from rugged and untouched wilderness areas along the province’s deepest and bluest man-made reservoir, Abraham Lake. The lake is located in the Kootenay Plains area of the Canadian Rockies’ front range. Fed by the Saskatchewan Glacier, Abraham is the source of the North Saskatchewan River.
- There are spectacular viewpoints throughout.
- Also no light pollution! Star gazing and astrophotography opportunities are amazing to soak up nature’s beauty.
- This area is undiscovered by Banff and Jasper tourists as it resides just outside the national park which makes for peaceful and some isolated opportunities to see unspoiled nature, fascinating sights and raw beauty.
- We will bring you to locations where you can enjoy shooting amazing canyons, lakes, waterfalls, mountain ranges, bridges, wildlife, and more.
Friday (arrival day)
The tour dates have been set to be out of high travel season which means there will be fewer tourists around and we are more likely to have the locations to ourselves.
You are on your own for breakfast. Also, we will be out all day shooting so pack your own lunch. There are a few options for basic groceries in town.
Plan on us having a late dinner by the time we get back to Nordegg.
You are on your own for breakfast and you will need to check-out of your room. We will be out shooting until late-afternoon at which point everyone will be free to head back home.
You will carry your own camera gear, water, and layered clothing at any locations. Though the worst would be 20 minutes from parking with uneven terrain.
The pace is normally relaxed – weather pending – to ensure it is pleasant for everyone.
FLIGHTS and transportation to Nordegg are not included. Nearest international airports are Edmonton (YEG) and Calgary (YYC), both are a 3 hour drive from Nordegg.
It is not advised to book flights until we confirm we have adequate numbers for this workshop to go ahead. In the event of the tour not going ahead, we will refund deposits in full. However, we will not compensate travel costs.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We reserve the right to refuse participation in our tours. Placing a deposit is not a guarantee of participation. Visit our terms and conditions for more info.